Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in Boca Raton is celebrating their annual Sea Turtle Day and 30 years of the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center! This fun-filled family day of environmental education will be packed with exciting things to see and do, including live animal presentations, face painting, aquarium feedings, children’s theater, guided boardwalk tours, kids crafts, awesome booths, and more!
Free Parking is available in Spanish River Park with a Free shuttle to and from the event! Spanish River Park is located 1 1/2 miles north of Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, at 3001 North Ocean Blvd.
Craft Bracelet: $3 per child includes all Kids’ crafts, games, leaf printing, and face painting
- Meet Luna, The Sea Turtle Ambassador ! Bring your camera for a photo!
- Sol Children Theater performances in the Amphitheatre: A Blast from the Past! written, directed and performed by Briana Earhart, Meredith Levin, Leo Kaplan and Kate Finkelstein.
- Meet Gordon Gilbert, Gumbo Limbo’s founder, in the Friends of Gumbo Limbo tent
- Food Trucks! Food, drinks, and ice cream will be for sale from our concessionaires, and dining areas will be available.
- GO GREEN: Bring a reusable water bottle and fill it for free at our Hydration Station, provided by the City of Boca Raton’s Utility Services
ABOUT GUMBO LIMBO NATURE CENTER
Founded in 1984, Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is a unique cooperative project of the City of Boca Raton, Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District, Florida Atlantic University (FAU), and Friends of Gumbo Limbo. Each year, more than 100,000 local and tourist visitors receive valuable environmental education while enjoying respite from the city bustle.