Marine Industry Day is a family-oriented event aimed at celebrating the region’s marine industry through a variety of fun, interactive experiences. The event will feature live music by local bands Brass Evolution, Curbstone and Amber Leigh as well as food trucks, children’s activities, numerous marine-related activities, water taxi tours, educational games and much more.
Live Music Schedule
Noon – Curbstone
2:00 pm – Brass Evolution
4:00 pm – Amber Leigh
Other Activities throughout the day
- Propeller drag races presented by Frank and Jimmie’s Propeller
- Water taxi rides presented by Water Taxi of Fort Lauderdale
- Tug boat tours presented by TowBoat US
- Animal encounters presented by Museum of Discovery and Science
- Fishing and casting lessons presented by Science Eye
- Train rides on the Catabella Express
- Bluefoot Pirate Adventure
- Interactive experiences presented by NSU’s Oceanographic Center and Harbor Branch Oceanographic Center
- Bimini ring game presented by Bradford Marine
- Face painting
- Antique motors presented by Antique OB Motor Club
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Educational opportunities presented by Broward College, Broward Technical College, Nova Southeastern University, Maritime Professional Training, New River Middle School and South Broward High School
And much more!
The event is organized and sponsored by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida and the Florida Yacht Brokers Association, with support from The U.S. Superyacht Association and Young Professionals in Yachting – Fort Lauderdale.Marine Industry Day was established to build awareness of our industry on local, state, and federal levels. The Marine Industry Day celebration is a gathering of Broward County’s diverse marine industry workforce and families who comprise the foundation of Broward’s number one economic driver.The yards, builders, marinas, sales, service and support businesses in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding region generate an excess of $8.8 billion for Broward and $11.5 billion regionally and provide employment for more than 110,000 skilled workers in Broward and 136,000 in the region.
Food trucks we have confirmed so far include Killer Melts, Mobstah Lobstah, Legends BBQ, Joji frozen yogurt and Bite Gastrotruck.
If you need any additional information, the website is www.marineindustryday.org