Brazil’s love, passion, rhythm, and excitement are coming together on Saturday, October 22nd at the Pompano Beach Community Park, located next to the Pompano Beach Amphitheater. The 5th Annual Brazilian Festival of Pompano Beach will also feature more than 100 exhibitors, a fun park for children, 2 stages, and a wide variety of Brazilian and international food offered by 30 food vendors, authentic Brazilian bands, attractions and dancers.
- Headliner “Cidade Negra”, one of the all-time best reggae bands in Brazil, will close the festival with their Jamaican rhythms. Toni Garrido, the band’s leader is currently appearing in a prime-time novella on Globo TV. The band is also set to release a new DVD shortly.
- Brazilian pop singer sensation Thathi, from Salvador, Bahia. Her show, entitled “Cassia Eller by Thathi” will be a tribute to this artist who is known for her deep voice, strong personality and eclectic musical style.
- The band “Cravo e Canela” will pay tribute to the musical style and culture of the northeastern part of Brazil. This band, founded in Broward County, is the only South Florida band that plays traditional Forró music.
- The band Macaxeira, founded in 1999 and led by Victor Souza will perform a wide variety of music in English and Portuguese. Their repertoire includes covers from Brazilian and American performers infused with the rhythms of Samba. Macaxeira has recently won the International Brazilian Press Award for the best Brazilian band in the United States.
- Southern Brazilian native, Paulinho Reis performs in the Sertanejo musical style. Paulinho has thousands of fans on YouTube and social media and attracts huge crowds to his performances.
- Canal Brazil TV (www.canalbrazil.tv), based out of Orlando, will be on site filming all activities in order to air a special program about the 2016 Brazilian Festival of Pompano Beach this coming November.
The 2016 festival will also feature the Samba troupe, Sambalá. This troupe of 120 drummers, percussionists and samba dancers will sweep through the festival grounds giving festival goers a real taste of Carnival. These performers from California will surely get the expected 15,000+ attendees in a Brazilian state of mind.
In keeping with their annual message of protecting the environment, the 2016 theme for the main ECO STAGE will be “The Flora and Fauna of Brazil”. The main stage façade will be covered with giant flowers that represent love, hope, unity and strength. The scene will be enhanced by the use of vibrant colors and the flowers made from recycled paper giving the impression of a beautiful three-dimensional space.
The annual Brazilian Festival of Pompano Beach is proud to be entering its 5th year. In the last 5 years the festival has generated 1,600 temporary jobs and donated more than $10,000 to local institutions. In addition, it has contracted services from about 150 local businesses, has helped more than 400 local small businesses with brand exposure and services and brought more than 50,000 people to the Pompano Beach Community Park.
For more information please visit the website: http://BrazilFestPompano.org
Also, look for updates on Facebook: www.facebook.com/brazilianfestpompano